Whether it be by plane, metro, or car, travel is inevitable during the holidays. Whatever mode of transportation you take, your skin has no escape when it comes to brutal conditions of dust, sun, humidity, rain, and snow. Here are five holiday skin care tips to keep your skin healthy during the rush of the holiday season.
- Sun Protection! No matter what time of year it is, if the sun is shining you should wear sun screen protection. Many moisturizers and makeup include SPF protection from UV rays. If you plan to have extended exposure to the sun, apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you step out on the slopes. Protect your skin from the sun everyday!
- Don’t Use Foundation. If you can live without it, avoid foundation makeup when traveling; it will dry out your skin and make your skin look dehydrated. Replace your foundation with a moisturizer instead to give a softer, more subtle glow to your skin. Add moisturizer to your travel bag and holiday routine.
- Lip Gloss Over Lipstick. Using all-day color lipstick can cause dry and cracked lips. Use a lip balm instead with ingredients to help soothe and prevent dry lips. Many lip balms also offer sunscreen protection. Keep your lips healthy with a natural glow.
- Stop Touching Your Face. During travel we touch things saturated with germs and bacteria without giving it a second thought. If you touch your face (on average we touch our face at least 16 times an hour) you will transfer the bacteria and harmful substances to your skin, which will eventually cause irritation and breakouts. During your holiday travel, keep a bottle of hand sanitizer handy to tackle those nasty germs. Keep your hands off your face to avoid breakouts!
- Mist Your Face. If you are heading to a cold climate for a winter holiday, take a facial mister to hydrate your skin after a long day in the elements. A facial mist can contain glycerin, floral water, menthol, and essential oils to provide a healthy glow to your skin. Take it with you sightseeing, or use at the end of a long day to give your skin a restoration of moisture.
This holiday season, take good care of your skin. Have more holiday skin care tips to share? Comment them blow!
If you want to take it to the next level and make improvements to your skin’s appearance, schedule a free consultation at Vivia Center. We can suggest the best treatments and products for your skin. Happy Holidays!